ableC: Attribute grammar-Based Language Extensions for C
We have nearly completed an implementation of C, at the C11 standard, in Silver. This is used as a host language in our work on extensible languages. To date we’ve developed a number of language extensions. These include extensions for
- algebraic data types, with pattern matching
- regular expressions, with matching
- an extension that combines these two to allow regular expressions to be used as patterns when matching on strings as part of an algebraic data type
- matrix features from MATLAB and a
matlabfunction construct that generates the boilerplate FFI types and code for calling such functions from MATLAB
- term rewriting, inspired by the TOM system and Kiama
- closures / lambda-expressions
- parts of HALIDE, a DSL for high performance image processing
These all pass the modular determinism analysis in Copper and the modular well-definedness analysis in Silver.
The ableC specification can be found on GitHub.